Due to the unforeseen circumstances of Covid-19, we are trying very hard to place students safely through VSAS. We are limited in the spaces that are available and are sending out emails updating students of their admittance status daily. Please be patient and allow for additional time as we review applications.
VSAS/VSLO APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED ON
APRIL 1, 2021*
*Notifications of acceptance will start going out June 1, 2021
An application must be submitted at least 60 days prior to the start of the rotation.
THE FOLLOWING ADDITIONAL APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS pertain to every VSAS application an applicant submits to WSUSOM during the 2021-22 academic year. An application missing a requirement may not be reviewed.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV): PDF or MS Word files only; no page limit.
- Immunization Form: AAMC form found on our site or AAMC/VSAS site
- Medical liability and/or malpractice insurance: An applicant must have Medical Liability Insurance and/or Malpractice Insurance that will be covered by their home institution during their elective time; per Instance Insurance: $1,000,000.00, Aggregate Insurance: $3,000,000.00
IMPORTANT TO NOTE: Your home school must release your application for our office to be able to view it in VSAS.
VIEW ELECTIVE DETAILS IN VSAS/VSLO TO ENSURE YOU MEET ANY PREREQUISITES. If you fail to meet the requirements posed by an elective, your application will not be submitted to the program for review.
CONTACTING THE DEPARTMENT OR FACULTY IS HIGHLY DISCOURAGED. If you are informed of availability before being extended an offer in VSAS/VSLO, please be aware that faculty, clerkship directors, and staff are not necessarily aware of availability. Without an official offer extended to you via VSAS by our office, you may not receive credit for your rotation even if you received a verbal/written offer from a program.
UPON BEING EXTENDED AN OFFER, you have two weeks from the date of notification to accept or decline the offer in VSAS/VSLO. If no response is received by 8 P.M. EST on the expiration date, the offer will expire in VSAS/VSLO.
REMEMBER, AN OFFER IS ONLY VALID IF IT IS MADE IN VSAS. If a visiting student wishes to receive credit for an elective, then the offer if a visiting rotation needs to be generated by our office using VSAS. Arrangements made outside of our office will result in a student not being enrolled and not being provided with a final evaluation.
UPON RECEIVING AN OFFER, there is a non-refundable processing fee of $50.00 USD.
- You will receive a link to CASHNet to pay the processing fee.
- As of 2021-22, the fee is not being waived for any schools. Please see the fee section of our institution information webpage in VSAS for more details.
IF YOU DROP AN ACCEPTED OFFER, please immediately notify the visiting students' coordinator in writing (email is preferred, send to firstname.lastname@example.org). Note: The processing fee is non-refundable
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS after reviewing this document and our Visiting student website, please contact the visiting students' coordinator.