Information requests and forms

All forms are available in the Office of Records and Registration or by contacting the appropriate individual listed below

Information Requests and Forms
Name and Address Change – Online form
Attestation – Online form
Certifying M.D. Degree Completion
Criminal Background Check Guidelines and Online form
Diploma Re-Order Request – Online form
Enrollment Verification/Letter of Good Standing – Online form
Grades and Evaluations
Guest Student Application (PDF)
Resident/Residence Classification (PDF)
Transcript Request – Official
Transcript Request – Unofficial

Name and Address Changes

Name Changes

To change your name, complete a Name Change request and attach a copy of your Driver's License or State ID card, a copy of your marriage certificate or court document authorizing the name change. You need your AccessID and password to submit the form.

To reset your password or retrieve your AccessID, click here or contact the C&IT Help Desk at (313) 577-HELP (4357). For additional assistance, contact us at (313) 577-1470.

Address Changes

It is very important that you notify the University when you change your address.  Change your address through Academica.  You need your WSU AccessID and password to enter Academica.

If you don't know your WSU AccessID, you can look it up by searching for your last name in WSU's Online Directory at

Once you have your AccessID and password, follow these instructions to change your address:

  1. Login into Academica
  2. Go to the "Student Resources" menu, and select "View Personal Info" under the "Student Records" menu.
  3. Select "Update Address(es) and Phone(s).
  4. Select the current Mailing address you are changing or updating.
  5. You need to end the current Mailing address.  Enter the date your new address is going into effect in the "Until this Date" field.  Then, hit the "Submit" button.
  6. Go back to "Update Address(es) and Phone(s).  Select the "Mailing" address option from the "Type of Address to Insert" dropdown.  Then, hit the "Submit" button.
  7. Enter the date the new address starts in the "Valid From this Date" field.  Leave the "Until this Date" field blank.  Fill in the rest of the address fields, and then hit "Submit".

You can verify your entries by selecting "View Address(es) and Phone(s)" again.

If you have any questions, you can email from your AccessID or call (313) 577-1470.

Alternatively, you can access the Address and/or Phone Number Change request directly (AccessID and password required).


Request: Attestation Form
Send Method: Online form
Contact: JaEsta Jones –
Please remember to inform us promptly of all address and/or phone number changes. We mail you critical, time-sensitive material and it is very important that you receive information in a timely fashion

Certifying M.D. Degree Completion

Request: Certifying M.D. Degree Completion
Send Method: In-person
Contact: Marguerite Hamilton –
Charge: No charge
Processing: Please allow five working days

Criminal Background Check Guidelines and Form

Request: Criminal Background Check Form
Send Method: Online form
Contact: JaEsta Jones –
Policy Guidelines

Diploma Re-Order Request

Request: Duplicate Diploma Request Form
Send Method: Online form
Contact: Marguerite Hamilton –
Charge: $20 for Regular Size Diploma and $40 for Large Size Diploma. Payment must be submitted by check or money order made payable to Wayne State University and sumbitted to the Office of Records and Registration
Note: Diplomas cannot be mailed to a post office box

Enrollment Verification/Letter of Good Standing

Request: Enrollment Verification Form or Letter of Good Standing Form
Send Method: Online form
Contact: Marguerite Hamilton –
Charge: No charge
Processing: Please allow five working days

If you need to verify enrollment for your student loans or housing needs, you can print your own enrollment verification certificate.

  1. Simply follow the instructions below.
  2. Log into Academica.
  3. Go to Student Resources.
  4. Click on "Registration," then "Enrollment Verification." You will be taken to the National Student Clearinghouse site in a new browser window. 
  5. You can select current enrollment, or your entire enrollment history. Once you make your choice, click on "Obtain an enrollment certificate."  

Grades and Evaluations

All grades and evaluations are collected for the student record and transcript purposes
Contact: Office of Records and Registration

Guest Student Application

Request: Guest Student Application Form
Contact: April Mayweather –


You can determine if there are any holds on your account by going to:

Academica > WSU Resources > Student Resources > Student Records  > Holds
You will not be able to register or obtain an official transcript if there is a hold on your account.

Resident/Residence Classification

Request: Resident Status Change Application (PDF)
Return Method: In-person, mail, fax, email
Contact: JaEsta Jones –
A non-resident student may apply for resident status if he/she believes that circumstances warrant. Resident status, if granted, would allow the student to enroll in future terms at resident tuition rates


Official Transcript Request

Request: To request your School of Medicine official transcript, please download and complete the Official Transcript Request Form


Send Method: You may submit your completed form in-person, mail, fax or email using the Records & Registration contact information as noted on the bottom of this screen. 

Note: Please be sure to enclose a signature on the request form. 

Contact: Marguerite Hamilton -

Charge: Review the request form for transcript costs. 

Processing Time: Two-Five business days. It is advisable to submit your request two weeks in advance of your deadline. 


Unofficial Transcript Request

To request an unofficial copy of your School of Medicine transcript, please follow the steps below: 

  • Log into Academica 
  • Under the Resources section, click on Student Resources 
  • Click on Student Records 
  • Click on Request a Transcript