Online registration dates for 2021-22 will be May 3 – May 14, 2021.
Students will not be permitted to attend classes unless they are registered. This is university policy. No exceptions can be made.
Year 2 - Registration Instructions
When registration opens:
- Access the registration portal, then click on "Register for Classes".
- Choose "Med Sch 2021-2022" from the drop down, then continue > continue.
- Next, you will need to review and accept your Financial Responsibility Agreement.
- Once in Registration, click on the Blocks tab.
- You will now see your required courses. Click "Submit" in the lower right.
- In the upper right there will be a notification that you have successfully registered.
- If you have any questions please call the Office of Records and Registration at 313.577.1470
Financial Responsibility Agreement
As soon as you log in to the registration system, you will be asked to review and affirm the Financial Responsibility Agreement. This agreement is an acknowledgment that you are responsible to pay tuition and fees. If you have a full-tuition scholarship, you must still sign this agreement.
Purchase Disability Insurance
All medical students are required to have disability insurance as a condition of enrollment. Please visit the Office of Medical Education's Cashnet to purchase disability insurance.
Purchase Health Insurance
All medical students are required to have health insurance or an approved waiver on file as a condition of enrollment in medical school. To enroll in student health insurance, please visit the Records and Registration Health Insurance website.
To waive the requirement to purchase health insurance through the school's group health plan (Blue Cross Blue Shield/Blue Care Network), the student's current health insurance must provide coverage and a waiver application, which MUST BE submitted in order to qualify. The health insurance waiver application form can be accessed via the Records and Registration Health Insurance website. Your waiver application will be reviewed and you will be notified if a waiver has been granted.
Update Emergency Contact Information
Log in to Academica and update emergency contact information.
Tuition and Fee Payment
You will be billed for classes by the Student Accounts Receivable Office. Your bill will appear as an e-bill in your Academica Account.
Students must provide documentation of immunizations to the M.D. Health Records Office.
Tuition and Fee Information
Tuition is assessed in two ways at the School of Medicine each Academic Year (July 1 to June 30).
- If you are registered for 40 or more credit hour you will be assessed at a flat rate, regardless of the credit hour amount.
- If you are registered for less than 40 credit hours, you will be assessed on a per credit hour basis.
Fees are also assessed in two ways at the school of Medicine each Academic Year.
- Student Support Fee is a per year charge, regardless of the number of credits
- Student Service Fee is a per credit hour charge.
For current tuition rates/fees, payment plan information or use our tuition and fee calculator, please visit the Bursar's Office website.
For more information and to check your financial aid status, please visit Medical Financial Aid.
The Office of International Students and Scholars
The Office of International Students and Scholars at Wayne State University exists to support and enhance your educational, cultural and social experiences. The office collaborates with the medical school and the community to create and maintain an inclusive, global campus.
Please use the Academic Bulletin as a resource for additional program or course information.